Making it Count!


Happy New Year, everyone! I hope everyone has had a restful holiday season. As the holidays were coming to an end I realized that I had yet to come up with a New Years resolution. After many hours of pondering, I realized what I want this year to revolve around and it's the idea of “making it count.” After all, I only have one final semester left at Berkshire. So how exactly does this relate to theater?

 

Every cast member in Grease was assigned a “line buddy” to practice their lines with over break. I was able to Skype with Rad and Riley to make sure that all of us were making progress. And during this Skype call, I realized just how much fun the production of Grease is. Of course I’ve had my struggles with the process, such as the choreography, but what does this all matter if I don’t make my experience worthwhile? I’m excited to come back to school to see everyone’s progress with memorizing the lines for the play. We’ve all put in a lot of effort into the process, but it’s always important to have fun with the process. I had a ton of fun during my Skype calls and it served as a reminder that we need to make this experience count!

This two and a half week vacation served as the perfect opportunity for memorizing our lines, blocking, songs, and choreography. Often, we get so caught up in schoolwork and other things that we forget to have fun. And during this break, I learned that work can be fun. And that’s exactly how I feel about memorizing lines.


- Jeff Erazo 


No comments:

Post a Comment