I Am No Longer a Theater Rookie



Hello, I am Alden Weiss, I am a one-year Junior at Berkshire School, and this is my first time in a theater production.

Recieving the role of Judge Danforth in The Crucible was a dream come true. Ever since I came to Berkshire last fall and saw Berkshire Theater, I was fascinated by it. In fact it all started out during the first days of school when I met many of the people involved in Theater. I was struck by their friendliness and their invigorating personalities. It seriously made me consider switching to Theater, despite already having had a fall sport. When I watched the original play Scrutiny and what the crew had crafted, I was amazed. I knew this was something I had to try out. Long story short, I ended up auditioning for the spring play, and somehow got a role. I was really happy to say the least.

Working in theater has been an incredible experience so far. Contrary to what I thought working in theater is very demanding and requires a lot of focus and discipline; more so than any of the other sports I have engaged in at Berkshire so far. There is a lot of different aspects that come into play (pun intended) when creating such a complex production like The Crucible — and in order for it to go smoothly on opening night, each one of them has to be treated with equal importance. While this can be quite challenging at times, it has also taught me to be more accountable and a better team player.

There is only 8 days left until our premiere in the Berkshire Hall Atrium. It is really cool to see the play coming together, and we are all very excited as we slowly enter the last week of the production.

-Alden Weiss


No comments:

Post a Comment